JAKARTA – Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education has granted awards to educators with excellent achievements in 2018. This annual event, entering its 15th edition this year, was held to honor lecturers and education staffers for their dedication to implementing the three roles of higher education, or Tri Dharma.
Ministry’s director general for science, technology and higher education resources, Ali Ghufron Mukti, said there were seven awards given this year. Two awards were endowed to lecturers in science and technology areas. The other five awards were given to education staffers, which included laboratory officers, librarian, archiver, financial manager and academic administrator.
Ghufron said on October 29 that “265 people applied to the award this year. Of the figure, we narrowed it down to 66 finalists. All of them are present here to show their achievements. For two days, the had undergone assessments, after which the jury board chose the winner, runner-up and third-place awardee.”
The lack of appreciation on education staffers has party caused them to be unable to develop their potential in an optimal way, said Ghufron. But now the ministry is providing chance for them to continue postgraduate studies abroad to improve their capacity and competency. This could improve service and management of universities.
The 2018 night for excellent educators was joined by minister for research, technology and higher education Mohamad Nasir. He said the presence of lecturers and education staffers were influential to the quality of universities. That’s why the ministry is trying to improve education qualification of lecturers and education staffers.
“It takes perseverance to become lecturers and education staffers. That’s why we honor those who have excellent achievements. We are pushing our lecturers to publish scientific articles at international level. As for education staffers, they ought to follow the development of technology in education in this 4.0 Industrial Revolution era,” said Nasir.
Nasir said the ministry had created breakthroughs to increase the number of doctorate graduates, even by asking millennials to become lecturers. One of the programs is the Master’s Degree Education to Obtain Doctorate Degree for Excellent Scholars (PMDSU). This program has given birth to young lecturers and 261 international publications from the first and second batches.
“The achievements are extraordinary. One participant has even produced eight international publications. We have also been aware that many of these excellent lecturers come from the young generation,” said Ghufron.
The event was attended by a number of ministry high-ranking officials, such as ministry’s inspector general Jamal Wiwoho, higher education service agency (LLDikti) head for Region III Jakarta, Illah Sailah and scores of rectors. The event became more festive when senior singer Ebiet G. Ade performed on the stage.
Below are winners of the 2018 event:
Excellent lecturers in science and technology area:
- Septelia Inawati Wanandi (University of Indonesia)
- Suryadi Ismadji (Widya Mandala Catholic University in Surabaya)
- C. Hanny Wijaya (Bogor Agricultural University)
Excellent lecturers in social and humanities area:
- Djoko Sigit Sayogo (Muhammadiyah University in Malang)
- Yuliani Dwi Lestari (Bandung Institute of Technology)
- Irfan Syauqi Beik (Bogor Agricultural University)
Excellent educational laboratory officials
- Rosydiati (Bandung Institute of Technology)
- Laeli Komalasari (Bogor Agricultural University)
- Rochmad Fauzi (Malang State University)
Excellent financial managers
- Heni Taryai (Bogor Agricultural University)
- Nelly Gustina (Bangka Belitung University)
- Hagung Rihanjoyo (March 11st University)
- Luluk Tri Wulandari (University of Indonesia)
- Mutty Hariyati (Surabaya State University)
- Juli Handayani (North Sumatera University)
Excellent academic administrators
- Angga Yuhistira (Bogor Agricultural University)
- Lenny Setyowati B. (Soegijapranata Catholic University)
- Fathin Hilmiyah (November 10th Institute of Technology)
- Herman Setyawan (Gadjah Mada University)
- Heru Subekti (Yogyakarta State University)
- Krisnasari Dianpratami (University of Indonesia)